Katherine Nuñez - Fieldnotes 2
About the Artist
Most of Katherine Nuñez's works are extracted from personal everyday encounters with the demands of contemporary life. Her works venture on abstract themes such as mortality, desire, relationships and identity which she connects to the global, picnoleptic, digital and consumerist backdrop of today. She employs crafts such as sewing, crochet, and scrapbooking because she is attracted to their meditative, slow, domestic and decorative properties. She is interested in forms that are usually perceived as everyday or mundane to introduce an element of familiarity which she tries to manipulate.
She has exhibited her works in Venice, Jakarta, Bangkok, and Dubai. A notable highlight in her artistic practice is her participation in the 57th Venice Biennale "Viva Arte Viva" in 2017. She also recently participated in Craft Taitung 2018 as resident artist. On 2019, she became the director / team head of 98B COLLABoratory, an artist-run space and initiative based in Escolta, Manila.
She currently lives and works in Manila.
Material and Sizes
• Eco-dyed organza with embroidery and beadwork
• 14" x 11.5" (L x W)
Shipping & Timelines
• Artworks can be delivered via courier (fees courtesy of customer) or for pickup at The Den
• Artworks will be shipped out after the exhibition.
• We will inform you via text / call / email once orders are ready for pick up.
• For deliveries outside Metro Manila, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org